Subject: [pkng] Slides I'll present tomorrow at tf-emc2

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:03:05 +0100

I couldn't resist going a bit trekkie on the 'NG' bit :-)

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:00:31 +0000

I like your new phrase: "bottoms-up trust"  (Actually, one needs to be
quite trusting in that position [1] :-)

S.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/5ofpbu

Leif Johansson wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pkng mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkng

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:53:55 +0100

> quite trusting in that position [1] :-)

ROTFL! That goes in my presentation now :-)

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:13:57 -0700

> I couldn't resist going a bit trekkie on the 'NG' bit :-)

How did your talk go? What kind of questions did you get?

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Dan Brickley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:45:38 +0100

> How did your talk go? What kind of questions did you get?

Yes, do tell :)

"The IM buddy-list and PGP represents a form of trust that is
bottoms-up." .... got my attention. Nice to see buddylists and PGP
being treated as cousins.

 Also worth noting btw is that increasingly 'social network' Web
functionality includes an ability to put people into groups or lists.
Sometimes these are private - eg Facebook lists, sometimes
self-selected, eg. StatusNet microblog lists, and sometimes they are
public, eg. Twitter. Maybe Peter can comment on what XMPP IM typically
offers here?

cheers,

Dan

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:29:07 +0100

> How did your talk go? What kind of questions did you get?

It went well. Got a good laugh from the bottoms-up bit. This community 
is a good match for this discussion since we actually play around with 
trust-models quite a bit in our R&E identity federations. To match
Josh Howlett (of JANET) presented his project moonshot proposal which
actually attempts to build a network-oriented/bottom-up trust model 
based on EAP and GSS-API. Sam Hartman has been consulting on this a bit. 
This sortof falls outside the scope of pkng since it isn't pk-
based but its nevertheless interesting as a gedankenexperiment. Slides
will be available on the terena site soon I guess.

	Cheers Leif