Subject: [PMOL] [bmwg] Repeated WGLC on draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-05

From: "Jan Novak (janovak)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:43:57 +0200

Hi,

A bit late but just few comments on the draft:

Just a numpty in the text:

The key areas of variation between different metric users include:
     o  Suitability of passive measurements of live traffic, or active
        measurements using dedicated traffic

     o  Measurement in laboratory environment, or on a network of
deployed
        devices

     o  Suitability of passive measurements of live traffic, or active
        measurements using dedicated traffic

     o  Measurement in laboratory environment, or on a network of
deployed
        devices

 In the context of this draft - section 5.1 and 5.4.2 most of the terms 
 used are self explanative, but wouldn't be so sure about the meaning of
"Measurement Point" and "the measurement
     domain" - sounds familiar from IPFIX but not here ...

 Section 5.4.4 - doesn't the template miss the normative point (v)
Measurement Point(s)
                  from 5.4.2 ??

 Jan

The climate of Edinburgh is such that the weak succumb young .... 
and the strong envy them.
                                 Dr. Johnson

And yet the place establishes an interest in people's hearts;
go where they will, they find no city of the same distinction;
go where they will, they take a pride in their old home.

                                 RLS