Subject: RE: [pmtud] pmtud ietf57 vienna minutes, version 0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:45:20 +0100

> Someone else pointed out that mobility might add additional headers;
> so a tunnel MTU of 1280 might not be enough.

=>However a fix MTU of 1280 bytes
does not prevent you from designing (dynamic) path MTUD algorithms.
In fact the presence of mobility header or security headers above a
static IPv6 tunnel will definitely cause fragmentation if the TCP 
segment 
size is not reduced appropriately....

> Another person agreed that 1280 is particularly bad, 1380 would be
> better.
	this two comments were from Dave Thaler @ microsoft, IIRC.

itojun

=>I don't understand why 1380 bytes would be much better than 1280?

stephane 

==============================================================================
Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this E-mail, and any attachments, is intended for
the named recipients only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed do not necessarily reflect
the views of Panasonic Mobile Communications Development of Europe Limited.

Please note that whilst the company takes steps to protect against viruses it
cannot accept any liability for any damage, whether direct or indirect,
sustained as a result of any software viruses being transmitted.

If you receive this E-mail by mistake, please advise the sender by using the
reply facility in your E-mail software and then delete it.
==============================================================================

_______________________________________________
pmtud mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmtud