Subject: policyValidityPeriodCondition

From: Andrea Westerinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:31:49 -0800

To get the ball rolling on policyValidityPeriodCondition, I still maintain
that including the validity period as a Condition is the right generic
answer.  In some scenarios, it should be ANDed and in others, ORed.  There
is no single answer.  So, it is subclassed from policyCondition and
therefore, can be included in a rule's DNF/CNF.  

However, I do understand the issue when the canonical form is DNF but the
validity period is an exception to this and should be ANDed.  Here is a
compromise...  Add an attribute to policyRule as follows:

     NAME             policyRuleValidityPeriodFollowsListType
     DESCRIPTION     A flag indicating that a policyValidityPeriodCondition
                      should be ANDed or ORed with other policyConditions of
the
                      policyRule, following the setting for
policyRuleConditionListType.  
                      A value of FALSE indicates that the
policyValidityPeriodCondition
                      should be ANDed with other policyConditions,
regardless of the
                      setting for policyRuleConditionListType.
     SYNTAX           Boolean
     OID              <to be assigned>
     EQUALITY        booleanMatch
     SINGLE-VALUED
     DEFAULT VALUE   TRUE 

Andrea