Subject: re-send - Thoughts on state and rules

From: "Ken Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:41:37 -0700

Group,
Seems as though WORD isn't the universal constant Bill gates thinks it is and some folks have had trouble accessing the attached WORD document. Anyway I've attached a HTML document this time (together with separate imag files) so I'm hoping browser technology is more universal. Please note the format isn't as nice as the original (sorry about that) but the content should be OK for everyone to read.
regards,
Ken

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

> Seems as though WORD isn't the universal constant Bill gates thinks it is and some folks have had trouble accessing the attached WORD document. Anyway I've attached a HTML document this time (toget…

neither is html.  neither are unwrapped lines.

randy

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:11:12 -0400

> Seems as though WORD isn't the universal constant Bill gates thinks
> it is and some folks have had trouble accessing the attached WORD
> document. 

Try ascii. The following might help:

ftp://ftp.cs.duke.edu/pub/narten/ietf/IETF_Draft_Template.doc
ftp://ftp.cs.duke.edu/pub/narten/ietf/CRLF.EXE

The first one is a template for creating IDs. Open the document and
follow the instructions.

Thomas