Subject: Strawman Agenda for Policy Framework Interim Meeting

From: Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 05:20:51 -0400

Hi, 

In an effort to be responsive to the discussion and concerns expressed on
the mailing list, about where we are at, where we are going, and when we
are going there, we have put together the following agenda, with the
"missing piece" discussion first.  Some of you have stated that the missing
piece belongs in the architecture work, others have stated it is a policy
abstraction issue, and still others have stated that we need a specific
worked example as a context to understand what we are even talking about.
We expect the answer lies in a combination of the above, and we want to get
this straight early in the meeting, if possible, at least as a context for
the schema discussions that follow.  

One point about architecture:  The "Missing Piece" session is meant to
identify the missing context that we seem to be struggling with.  The
missing piece may or may not be focused directly on the "architecture"
content, so we have not scheduled any presentations specifically on
architecture content, until we understand what is missing, and whether or
not it is really "architecture".  

Here is the proposed agenda.  Bash away.

John and Ed

*****************************
Thursday:

0900-0930: Agenda Bash (Ed)

0930-1100: Discussion of "Missing Piece" to Working Group's Efforts (Straz)

           -What is the missing piece?
           -What document/deliverable does it need to be in?
           -What context does the working group need, in order to make
progress on it?
           -Is there agreement on content of the missing piece
           -Charter/Deliverables Discussion (Architecture, Core Schema,
QOS-Specific Schema, etc.)
  
1100-1200: Architecture/Action Items/Process (Ed)

1200-1300: Lunch

1300-1500: Schema Changes (Lee Rafalow)

           -naming
           -aux classes
           -dit navigation

1500-1700: Schema Wrap-up (Straz)

Friday:

0800-1000: Security Discussion (Ed)

           -Users, user's needs
           -Existing Solutions
           -Issues
           -Plan to address issues (discussion/volunteers)

1000-1200: Summary/Meeting Wrap-up

           -Issues hanging from yesterday
           -Plan to resolve (discussion/volunteers)