Subject: Communication between Policy Servers

From: "Joon Maeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:30:43 -0500

Hi folks.  Is anyone aware of standardization efforts on communication between
policy servers?  Thanks.
Regards,
Joon

---

From: Shai Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:18:57 -0400

There are three points of such standardization:

1. Policy Data carried by RSVP is a basic means of in-band 
   communications between PDPs, in real time. (PSs).

2. The Bandwidth Brokerage (Internet2) concept should lead to 
   somewhat equivalent results for Diff-Serv. It provides inter-domain
   explicitly QoS signalling. 

3. LDAP/DEN Schema @ the Policy WG. 

   The assumption is that policy servers could each other's policy
   information in NON-REAL-TIME (this is critical). Please don't try to
   use LDAP for real-time communications or synchronization between policy
   systems.

Currently, there is no protocol endorsed for PS-to-PS communications,
although some advocate using COPS for it.

Shai

>Hi folks.  Is anyone aware of standardization efforts on communication between

__________________________________________________________
Shai Herzog                  Founder & CTO, IPHighway Inc.         
Cell: (408) 390-3045       http://www.iphighway.com/herzog           
Tel : (201) 585-0800                  Fax : (212) 656-1006