Subject: RE: Proposed Interim Meeting

From: "Hahn, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:17:34 -0700

Any chance this could be moved to the beginning of the next week. I will be
at IBAND at the beginning of the week and would rather not do 2 trips in one
week. 

 -----------------------------------------
   Scott Hahn
   Communication Architecture Lab             [email-masked]
   Intel Corporation, JF3-206                 voice -- 503-264-8231
   2111 NE 25th Avenue,  Hillsboro, OR 97124  fax -- 503-264-3483

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Ellesson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Proposed Interim Meeting

Hello, Policy Enthusiasts, 

We should have two revised documents coming out in the next week.  One is
the revised architecture document, that reflects the convergence achieved
among multiple architectural views at the Minneapolis IETF.  The other is a
revised schema draft, that we think will resolve some of the technical
issues which were still points of contention in Minneapolis.  

We expect prolific discussion about these documents on this mailing list,
once they are posted; however, we are also thinking that another
face-to-face IETF policy working group would be beneficial, prior to Oslo.
Our objective is to reach enough level of stability as of the Oslo meeting,
such that we could make a decision in Oslo about whether to go to a working
group last call on these documents soon thereafter.  To that end, we would
like to be able to hammer out any remaining controversies at an interim
meeting prior to Oslo, after exposing them on the mailing list.  

The other major set of issues have to do with security, as Russ Mundy
presented in Minneapolis.  We need to identify and address these issues if
we hope to get anywhere beyond a working group last call.  This will also
be on the agenda for the interim meeting.  

We have a volunteer (Hugh Mahon, HP) to host an interim IETF policy wg
meeting in Ft. Collins, Colorado, at the Marriott hotel there on May 27 and
28.  I am thinking a full day on the 27th, and a half day on the 28th.  We
will nail this down more exactly in the next week.  

In the meantime, please send me a reply if you are planning to attend, and
we will put together a more specific strawman agenda for the interim
meeting, in the meantime.  

Thanks, 

John and Ed

Regards, 

Ed Ellesson
Sr. Engineer, TCP/IP Technology Management
IBM Networking Software Products
Research Triangle Park, NC 
[email-masked]
919-254-4115