Subject: Re: New Schema I-D Requested to be Posted to IETF Repository

From: [email-masked] (freichmeyer)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:00:23 -0400

Is the interim meeting to discuss the architecture as well? Is there a
new "combined" architecture draft, or is anyine woking on one? How do
we get all the co-authors of the original drafts involved in that process?

Thanks,
-Fran

At 09:46 AM 5/18/99 -0400, Ed Ellesson wrote:
>Hello, 
>
>You should be seeing an I-D soon, which updates the core policy schema
>draft to -03.  We should be able to get this to a publically available site
>today, just in case it takes a few days to get into the IETF repository.  
>
>We need to let everyone know that this is still a work in progress.  There
>is still contention among the contributors to the I-D, on such topics as
>naming, using auxilliary classes to the extent that the new draft uses
>them, and the new DIT navigation techniques that are in the draft, along
>with the new object classes to facilitate these functions.  The content of
>the draft is not meant to represent the consensus of the contributors, but
>rather is meant to document a consistent set of approaches that needs
>further debate to reach a consensus in this working group.  We can't have
>the necessary discussion unless there is a proposal on the table, so this
>I-D is meant to provide that.  
>
>We are expecting spirited discussion on these and other topics, on this
>list and at the interim meeting in Ft. Collins. 
>
>I'll be sending out more info on the Ft. Collins meeting today.  Look for a
>note about a URL for the draft today as well.  
>
>John and Ed
>
>Regards, 
>
>Ed Ellesson
>Sr. Engineer, TCP/IP Technology Management
>IBM Networking Software Products
>Research Triangle Park, NC 
>[email-masked]
>919-254-4115
>
----
Francis Reichmeyer
Bay Architecture Lab
978-916-3352
[email-masked]

---

From: "Glenn Waters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:47:02 -0400

i am editing a new draft that should be available today.  it is basically
the same as draft-waters-policy-arch-00.txt with an additional picture
showing an optional communication path for tranmitting policy information
within a system.  (the picture is identical to the one presented at the
minneapolis ietf).

like the schema draft the architecture draft is meant to get a document out.
there are still some issues that need to be discussed and agreed upon --
although there has been no discussion of the architecture work on the list
so how many issues can there really be :).

/gww

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of freichmeyer
> Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 11:00
> To: Ed Ellesson; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: New Schema I-D Requested to be Posted to IETF Repository
>
>