Subject: Policy Arch/framework

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 99 11:57:09 DST

Did you see draft-ietf-rap-framework-03.txt ???

Seems to address quite a few of the same architectural/framework issues.

Bert

---

From: Andrew Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:12:23 -0700

The RAP Framework certainly addresses parts of the problem space of the
policy WG. But it does focus primarily on the requirements for RSVP policy
control and not QoS in general. I think that John'n'Ed's terminology draft
already incorporate some of the discussion from the RAP Framework, by
reference or by value. I certainly hope that there is nothing inconsistent
between the RAP Framework and the proposed Policy Framework - please feel
free to include any appropriate material in the Policy Framework document,
either by reference or by value (we expect draft-ietf-rap-framework-03.txt
to achieve Informational RFC status very shortly) - I'm all in favour of
providing as much tutorial material as possible in these areas.

Andrew Smith
RAP WG co-chair

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bert Wijnen [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 4:57 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Policy Arch/framework
> 
>