Subject: NEWLY REVISED Policy Framework Working Group Charter

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 99 05:46:19 DST

Ref:  Your note of Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:13:55 +0200

Subject: Re:   NEWLY REVISED Policy Framework Working Group Charter

Regarding the "IESG position on PIB work" let me try and phrase
it this way:

What the various involved ADs discussed and agreed upon was that
the PIB work basically belongs in the WG where the specific
protocol is defined. But we understand that it needs to be in sync
with the Schema defined in the Policy FW WG, so we have "encouraged"
that the WGs interact with each other on this topic.

Hope this helps,
Bert

---

From: "Raju Rajan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:44:48 -0400

Hi Bert, John

What Bert says below helps a little. From expanding the acronym I also
figured out that it has something to do with "policy" and "information". But
I am in the dark about what type of policy, where this information is
intended to reside, how it is expected to be transported, and most
importantly, what the *purpose* of this activity is. Is the LDAP schema a
PIB? Why or why not? It would be better if we could scope the activity and
come up with the right acronym rather than proceed in the opposite
direction.

raju

----- Original Message -----
From: Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 1:46 AM
Subject: NEWLY REVISED Policy Framework Working Group Charter

---

From: "John Strassner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:31:03 -0700

I suggest you look at the minutes for Minneapolis. Keith gave a
presentation on the PIB, which stands for Policy Information
Base.

John
----- Original Message -----
From: Raju Rajan <[email-masked]>
To: Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: NEWLY REVISED Policy Framework Working Group Charter