Subject: Policy questions

From: Pradosh Kumar Mohapatra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:09:38 -0700

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding the overall operation of the policy
framwork and
architecture:

1) Is there any specification for the policy server architecture? What
does it
mean by 'policy server maintaining a state?.' How do you define the
states of the
overall architecture? Is there any DFA or something of that stuff that
is
implemented in the policy server?
2) How does the actual enforcement of policy in PEP work? Once the
administrator
defines some policies in the server, how does it get stored in the PEP
so that
when such a condition arises, the PEP will require to send a policy
notification
to the PDP?

I did not get any proper answers to the above questions after going
through all
the documents.

Thanks and Regards,
Pradosh