Subject: Note with URL's without the "surprise HTML" format

From: Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 11:03:31 -0400

Hi, 

I got some complaints that the note I sent with links to some Visio's and
pdf's was sent in the format of an html document.  I honestly don't know
how that happened, because I composed the note in Eudora Pro, and Eudora
gave me no indication it was doing that.  I think the problem was caused by
my cut-and-pasting the URL's from Netscape into the blank note, before I
put any text there....it must have assumed that since I was cut-and-pasting
from an html doc, that I wanted the note to be an html doc...but it did not
tell me it was doing that, and there was no difference in the display of
the note by Eudora to indicate that html tags were being inserted.   Arghh!

Here are the URL's again.  This time I typed them in manually:  

ftp://ftp.networking.ibm.com/pub/standards/aiw/misc/Visio-CIM_Policy_ietf45
.pdf

ftp://ftp.networking.ibm.com/pub/standards/aiw/misc/Visio-CIM_Policy_ietf45
_plus.pdf

Again, if you are a DMTF member:  

http://www.dmtf.org/members/tdc/wg-service/CIM_Policy_ietf45.vsd

http://www.dmtf.org/members/tdc/wg-service/CIM_Policy_ietf45_plus.vsd

The next thing I need to do is make the .vsd's available to those of you
who want them who are not DMTF members.  I also need to see if I can create
pdf's that are all on one page.  (I am using Adobe Acrobat 4.0 to create
the pdf's.  I think I need to edit the Visio's so they each fit on one
page, in order to get Acrobat to create pdf's that are all on one page.
I'll play with that this afternoon, and try to get that to work.  Once it
is done, I'll upload everything and re-send this note to indicate that the
pdf's have been updated to one-pagers, and the Visios are now available at
the ftp site.)  

Regards, 

Ed Ellesson
Sr. Engineer, TCP/IP Technology Management
IBM Networking Software Products
Research Triangle Park, NC 
[email-masked]
919-254-4115