Subject: Re: FYI - Summary of "interim cross-wg meeting"

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:09:12 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Bert Wijnen wrote:

> Here is the summary and action points that resulted from our
> "by invitation only meeting" that we had in Chicago 16/17 Sept 1999.

By invitation only?

Is the IETF turning into a closed body?

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: John Schnizlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:55:21 -0400

>Is the IETF turning into a closed body?

No, but sometimes coordinating the efforts of working groups with
shared problems requires discussion more constrained than an IETF meeting.

Bert told everybody this was coming, then sent a summary of the process
they adopted to work it out. Nothing worth complaining about happened.

Three opportunities to contribute to the resulting process were added.
The traditional approach of writing a draft and solititing support for
your own proposal is still available.

Bert did good.

John