Subject: Policy Requirements Draft is now in the IETF Repository

From: Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:46:02 -0400

Dear Policy Enthusiasists:  

Please take note that the following notice was posted this morning to
IETF-Announce.   You should also be seeing an announcement of the new
Policy Framework document in the very near future. 

Requirements Draft Announcement:

To: IETF-Announce:;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:30:16 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for a Policy Management System
	Author(s)	: H. Mahon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 63
	Date		: 13-Sep-99
	
This document describes policy based management, what should hap-
pen in a policy management  system,  current  definitions,  addi-
tional  areas for definition, and why a new kind of management is
required.  In addition examples of policies as they are  expected
to  be  used are provided in a Usage Cases section.  The goal for
this document is to provide a set  of  requirements  for  further
development  of  standards  for policy management systems.  There
has already been work in the area of policy  management  and  the
work  to  date  is  described  as  well as additional areas to be
defined.
For readers in a hurry the Introduction section  on  Usage  Cases
(section  5)  will  provide a great deal of information.  Readers
interested in more detail about various aspects of Policy Manage-
ment should read from the beginning of the document.
This  document  is  the  result of discussions, e-mail, and other
communications within the  Policy  Framework  Working  Group  and
among individuals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt

Regards, 

Ed Ellesson
Sr. Engineer, TCP/IP Technology Management
IBM Networking Software Products
Research Triangle Park, NC 
[email-masked]
919-254-4115