Subject: discussion of terminology for policy based (network) management

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 99 21:41:13 CET

At the POLTERM BOF in Wahsinton D.C. we decided to continue the
discussion of terminology for policy based network management.

We have opened a separate mailing list for this discussion.
This mailing list is at:

  [email-masked]

To subscribe do one of the following:

  - send email to [email-masked]
    in the body put a single line with text:  subscribe

  - send email to [email-masked]
    in the body put a single line with:  subscribe polterm

Please do not send postings about terminology to the mumble list anymore.

There is an initial document that discusses some of this, but it
is far from complete. But for those who have not yet seen it:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ops-mumble-terminology-00.txt

Several people at the BOF have made comments already, based on the
slides that Fran Reichmeijer presented. I would like Fran to make the
slides available for FTP or so. COuld the others post their
statements/points (in a concise form please), so that everybody can
take part in the full discussion.

We would like the Design Team who did the original work to continue
to collect the terminology input and write a document that gets
closer and closer to a commponly agreed set of terms.
Since this is a cross WG effort, I would like the Design Team to
report to the collective set of WG chairs of those WGs, and as
such, I need to discuss that first with the WG chairs before
I can give more details.

Thanks,
Bert