Subject: Re: evaluation and execution order

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:30:00 +0200

>>
>> The sentence "any side effects of the enforcement of actions MUST NOT be
>> included in condition evaluation on the same evaluation pass" specifies
>> that the behavior in your example is that of RBE-1 (result would be locA
>> is 3  after the first pass, and locA is 4 after the second pass. Whether
>> a  second pass happens of not depends on how you trigger the execution
>> engine. This is not specified at all...
>
> so it does not allow both types of execution after all.  this makes more
> sense.

There are still both execution types, possible, the first one need to take 
care about the side effects (which can be detected in specific case (not in 
general)

Marcus
--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org

Adenauerplatz 6
D-69115 Heidelberg
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)6221/ 9051129
Fax:   +49 (0)6221/ 9051155

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:33:22 +0200

>> Since we are doing a standard, the binding shoud be clearly specified.
>> For  the reason the chapter about variable got a little length, but it
>> need to  be as excact as possible, what the variable means, and how it
>> is bound.
>
> could this in-depth detail go into another document? if it does it makes
> PCIMe clearer and easier for the purposes of (a) implementing it, and (b)
> claiming/validating compliance with it.
>
> if i understand correctly, it is enough to (a) implement support for
> VencdorSpecificCondition and VendorSpecificAction, (b) not implement
> variables, values and filters, and (c) still be compliant with the
> standard. correct?
>

Raif,

you mention a very important point. I think in PCIMe there statments 
missing, which say what needs to be present in order to claim being 
compliant with PCIMe.

Bob, I think we should discuss this in London

Marcus

Adenauerplatz 6
D-69115 Heidelberg
Germany