Subject: [Policy] Policy 2002 Call for Participation [ietf]

From: Morris Sloman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 16:03:27 +0100

(Please accept our apologies if you receive duplicates of this message)

                  POLICY 2002 - Call for Participation

             IEEE 3rd International Workshop on Policies
                for Distributed Systems and Networks

                         5-7 June, 2002

        Hosted by the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, USA

                URL: http://www.policy-workshop.org/2002/

Policy-based systems continue to be the subject of a wide range of
activities in universities, standardization bodies and within industry. They
have a wide spectrum of applicability ranging from systems management, to
quality of service adaptation, to security and enterprise modelling.

POLICY 2002 is the 3rd in a highly successful series of workshops, which
since 1999 has brought together leading researchers and industry experts to
discuss problems, solutions and experiences in developing policy-based
systems. In order to encourage greater interaction with other communities,
POLICY 2002 is co-located with SACMAT 2002 (3-4 June 2002)

Important Registration Information
----------------------------------

Due to increased security requirements participants must register in
advance (ON-SITE REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED). The deadlines are:

Advanced Registration: 15 May 2002
Late Registration:     30 May 2002

Further information on the workshop and registration forms can be found at:
   http://www.policy-workshop.org/2002/

Preliminary Workshop Programme
------------------------------

The Workshop programme includes 17 full papers and 13 position papers
selected from 67 submissions; as well as 4 invited talks, a panel and
Birds of a Feather sessions.

Wednesday 5th June 2002

   8:30-9:00   Registration & Coffee (Note: Due to security requirements
               participants must register in advance)

   9:00-10:00  Welcome & Invited Talk

   10:00-10:30 Coffee

   10:30-11:45 Specification & Analysis

               Obligation Monitoring in Policy Management
               Claudio Bettini, Sushil Jajodia, X. Sean Wang,
               Duminda Wijesekera

               Utilising the Event Calculus for Policy Driven Adaptation
               on Mobile Systems
               Chrisos Efstratiou, Adrian Friday, Nigel Davies,
               Keith Cheverst

               Delegation of Obligations
               Andreas Schaad, Jonathan Moffett

   11:45-1:00  Lunch

   1:00-2:15   Policy Management in the Large

               A Hierarchical Policy Specification Language and
               Enforcement Mechanism for Governing Digital Enterprises
               Xuhui Ao, Naftaly Minsky, Thu Nguyen

               Originator Control in Usage Control
               Jaehong Park, Ravi Sandhu

               A Community Authorization Service for Group Collaboration
               Laura Pearlman, Von Welch, Ian Foster, Carl Kesselman,
               Steven Tuecke

   2:15-2:40   Coffee

   2:40-3:30   Network Management I

               Policy-based Management for ALAN-Enabled Networks
               Ognjen Prnjat, Ioannis Liabotis, Temitope Olukemi,
               Lionel Sacks, Mike Fisher, Paul McKee, Ken Carlberg,
               Gregorio Martinez

               PoP - An Automated Policy Replacement Architecture for
               PBNM
               Lisandro Granville, Gustavo Coelho, Maria Almeida,
               Liane Tarouco

   3:30-3:45   Coffee

   3:45-4:45   Position Papers I

               How Policy Empowers Business-Driven Device Management
               John Strassner

               A Policy Based Storage Management Framework
               Murthy Devarakonda, Jack Gelb, Avi Saha, Jimmy Strickland

               Policy Driven Data Administration
               Vishal Batra, Jaijit Bhattacharya, Harish Chauhan, Ajay Gupta,
               Mukesh Mohania, Upendra Sharma

               Dynamically Extensible Policy Server and Agent
               Yasusi Kanada

   4:45-5:00   Coffee

   5:00-6:00   Position Papers II

               Cross-Domain Access Control via PKI
               Grit Denker, Jonathan Millen, Yutaka Miyake

               Revocation Schemes for Delegated Authorities
               Babak Sadighi Firozabadi, Marek Sergot

               Web-based Policy Deployment Management System
               Hosoon Ku, Hee-Gweon Son, Janos Facsko, Jason Tyrell,
               Alan Haines

               PEM3  the Policy Enhanced Memory Management Model
               Johan Andersson, Christian Jensen, Stefan Weber

   6:00-6:15   Coffee

   6:15-7:15   Birds of a Feather Sessions

   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 6th June 2002

   9:00-10:00  Invited Talks

   10:00-10:30 Coffee

   10:30-11:45 Access Control

               Meta-Policies for Distributed Role-Based Access Control
               Systems
               Andras Belokosztolszki, Ken Moody

               A System to Specify and Manage Multipolicy Access Control
               Models
               Elisa Bertino, Barbara Catania, Elena Ferrari, Paolo Perlasca

               The Specification and Enforcement of Advanced Security
               Policies
               Tatyana Ryutov, Clifford Neuman

   11:45-1:00  Lunch

   1:00-2:15   Network Management II

               An Adaptive Policy Based Management Framework for
               Differentiated Services Networks
               Leonidas Lymberopoulos, Emil Lupu, Morris Sloman

               A Policy Based QoS Management System for the
               IntServ/DiffServ Based Internet
               Appan Ponnappan, Lingjia Yang, Radhakrishna Pillai, Peter Braun

               A Policy-based Approach to Personalization of
               Communication over Converged Networks
               Patricia Lago

   2:15-2:30   Coffee

   2:30-3:45   Panel (Chair: Morris Sloman, Imperial College, London)

               Is a Universal Approach to Policy Specification and Deployment
               for Network and Security Management Feasible?

   3:45-4:15   Coffee

   4:15-5:30   Position Papers III

               A multi-domain security policy distribution architecture
               for dynamic IPsec VPN management
               Abdelmaleck Benzekri, François Barrère, Frédéric Grasset,
               Romain Laborde

               Policy-Driven Access Control over a Distributed Firewall
               Architecture
               Theo Dimitrakos, Ivan Djordjevic, Brian Matthews,
               Juan Bicarregui, Chris Phillips

               A Weakly Coupled Adaptive Gossip Protocol for Application
               Level Active Networks
               Ibiso Wokoma, Ioannis Liabotis, Ognjen Prnjat, Lionel Sacks,
               Ian Marshall

               Applying Trust Policies for Efficiently Protecting Mobile
               Agents Against DoS Attacks
               Biljana Cubaleska, Markus Schneider

               A Policy-based Infrastructure for the Dynamic Control of
	        Agent Mobility
	        Rebecca Montanari, Gianluca Tonti

   7:00-10:30  Monterey Bay Aquarium: Outer Bay Strolling Dinner

   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 7th June 2002

   9:00-10:00  Invited Talk

   10:00-10:30 Coffee

   10:30-11:45 Trust

               Requirements for Policy Languages for Trust Negotiation
               Kent Seamons, Marianne Winslett, Ting Yu, Bryan Smith,
               Evan Child, Jared Jacobson, Hyrum Mills, Lina Yu

               Practical Automated Trust Negotiation
               William Winsborough, Ninghui Li

               Policies in Accountable Contracts
               Brian Shand, Jean Bacon

   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy