Subject: Re: [Policy] PCELS and PCLS

From: "Larry S. Bartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:09:20 -0500

[email-masked] wrote, On 01/28/04 12:27:
> PCLS implementers, The main issue that was expressed relative to the 
> previous revision (-03) of PCELS was its "unfriendly" position relative 
> to PCLS. PCELS has been changed (-04) to address this issue and a new 
> section was specifically added to the document for discussing the 
> [non]impact of PCELS on PCLS implementations.
> 
> Has anybody had the chance to read the -04 revision? Do you find the new 
> approach acceptable? In particular, are there any comments regarding the 
> provisions of section "4.3 Impact on existing implementations of the 
> Policy Core LDAP Schema"?
> 
> Thank You,
> Mircea Pana.
> 

Mircea,

I thank and congratulate you and your co-authors for your careful
and thorough consideration of the PCLS compatibility issues. Your
draft achieves the goal of doing no harm to PCLS. Your draft's section
4.3 is especially welcome. It assures the PCLS implementer of
compatibility, while carefully pointing out the few minor areas of
potential but minimal conflict.

In addition, your draft's ASCII object diagrams are first rate. You
have done good work to illustrate a complex model.

Thanks again,

-- 
--
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
# Larry Bartz
#
#  voice (317) 226-7060
#  FAX   (317) 226-6378
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy