Subject: [port-srv-reg] Status as of 20080613

From: Michelle Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:30:04 -0700

Ports Group:

This morning we had a brief call to touch base on where we are at with the
ports document and other related issues.

Attendees:
Michelle Cotton
Lars Eggert
Joe Touch
Tom Phelan

We discussed:
1) The current document
2) A "companion" document to describe in more detail the uses of the port,
why you only need 1 rather than 10, why folks should use existing ports,
etc.
3) The revised port numbers registry

Plan moving forward:
Joe and myself will meet next week to look at the current document to
determine what parts we still need.  We will prepare a list for our next
call.  We will also discuss the basic outline for the "companion" document.

We will still try pushing our original document forward in the process,
however the other document would be not far behind.  Lars pointed out the
companion document would probably need more community review and input.  We
did not want to overload the original with information that is important but
doesn't need to be included as part of the ports procedures document.

For the revised registry, focusing on the format, we want to make sure that
it works for the DCCP work.  Please take a look at it and we'll discuss on
our next call.

I will be sending additional messages to work on scheduling both a phone
chat in the next few weeks as well as some time in Dublin.

Thanks,

Michelle

_______________________________________________
Port-srv-reg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/port-srv-reg