Subject: [port-srv-reg] System ports existence

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:05:24 +0100

Hi,

We do have one WG last call comments that hasn't been dealt with yet.
That is Paul and Eliot's desire to kill off the system ports range and
only have one assignable range 0-49151.

Can you please engage in the discussion on the TSVWG mailing list. I am
also wondering if we need to put this discussion on the [email-masked] list.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:02:12 -0800

Will do.

I think don't think it belongs on the broader list, largely because IMO 
it's out of scope for this doc.

Here's my response, FWIW (to be posted when I land):

-------

This doc is intended to be clearly focused on procedural issues:

	- unifying the registries
	- updating the procedures

Although we mention some principles of allocation, that discussion 
doesn't change anything; the principles are not binding, and they're 
just generally conservative and exceptions will obviously occur.

The idea of deprecating the separate meaning and handling of the system 
ports belongs in a separate proposal, and we're not advocating that at 
this time.

Joe

On 12/1/2010 1:05 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Port-srv-reg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/port-srv-reg