Subject: Re: [port-srv-reg] Fwd: Re: [DNSOP] New version of document for review

From: Michelle Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:08:03 -0800

Alexey/All:

For this comment, I was more concerned that there were parentheses after
getservbyname that were empty.  Was that intentional or should there be
something in the parentheses?

I'll respond to other comments separately.

Thanks,

Michelle

> 
>> On page 7 there is mention of ³getservbyname² and after is has ( )
>> with nothing in it...
> 
> This is just a programmer's convention to show that getservbyname is a
> function. So I would leave this as is.
>

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:10:36 -0800

> something in the parentheses?

They should be empty - it's intended to look like a function call, but 
there's no need to specify the arguments. That's typical of describing 
Unix functions in prose...

Joe

> _______________________________________________
> Port-srv-reg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/port-srv-reg

---

From: Michelle Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:12:26 -0800

Ack..(Thanks for the explanation).

--Michelle