Subject: [port-srv-reg] Please review: (Revised) Modification Template for Service Name and Port Number

From: Pearl Liang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 15:22:03 -0700

Hello All,

Below is the revised Modification Template for Service Name and Port
Number form with feedback I have received so far.  Please feel free to
edit and provide your feedback.

Note:
- This form include a new field for new service name since we indicated
that all items can be changed.
- Allison, please include questions for SCTP to update an existing SCTP
record.

Please provide your feedback.

Thank you,
~pl

##########
Title: Modification Template for Service Name and Port Number

This template is for modification of the contact information for existing
registered record.

See
http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers. (internal comment: this
URL will change to the later merged registry of port number and
service name.) 

THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION FOR A NEW PORT NUMBER OR SERVICE NAME
ASSIGNMENT.

We require email confirmation (or confirmations) from both the current
assignee and contact person who are currently listed in the registry to
verify the requested changes.  We also require email confirmation (or
confirmations) from the updated assignee and/or the proposed contact
person (if they are different from the current assignee and contact
person) to verify the requested changes.

Once these changes are verified, they will be made in the port numbers
registry
and you will receive a confirmation. If you would like to change port
number information for more than one port, please submit separate
templates.

Please enter your assigned Port Number (REQUIRED for port numbers only):

___________ 

Port Service Name  (REQUIRED):

_________________________

For each item below, enter a new value ONLY if it is a proposed change
from the current entry:

Service Name (REQUIRED IF CHANGED, 15 Character): See RFCXXX section 5.1

____________________________

Transport Protocol(s) (REQUIRED): (Please check one(s) that applies)
[  ] TCP 	[  ] UDP	[  ] SCTP	[  ] DCCP

Service Code (REQUIRED for DCCP only)
_______________

Description Name (REQUIRED IF CHANGED):

___________________________________________________________________

Assignee Name (REQUIRED IF CHANGED):
Assignee E-mail (REQUIRED IF CHANGED):
Contact Name (REQUIRED IF CHANGED)
Contact E-mail (REQUIRED IF CHANGED)
See RFCXXXX section 8.1

Please briefly describe why the requested changes are needed
(REQUIRED):
___________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________