Subject: [port-srv-reg] Thanks Everyone

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 09:38:25 +0200

Hi,

The document is published. Thanks everyone for all the work put into
making this a good document.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Michelle Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:29:57 -0700

Hooray!

Quick question for the group.
Do you remember our reasoning for not having both the assignee and the
contact both be IESG?

--Michelle

o  Assignee: Name and email address of the party to whom the
      assignment is made.  This is REQUIRED.  The Assignee is the
      organization, company or individual person responsible for the
      initial assignment.  For assignments done through RFCs published
      via the "IETF Document Stream" [RFC4844], the Assignee will be the
      IESG <[email-masked]>.

   o  Contact: Name and email address of the Contact person for the
      assignment.  This is REQUIRED.  The Contact person is the
      responsible person for the Internet community to send questions
      to.  This person is also authorized to submit changes on behalf of
      the Assignee; in cases of conflict between the Assignee and the
      Contact, the Assignee decisions take precedence.  Additional
      address information MAY be provided.  For assignments done through
      RFCs published via the "IETF Document Stream" [RFC4844], the
      Contact will be the IETF Chair <[email-masked]>.

On 9/1/11 12:38 AM, "Magnus Westerlund" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Port-srv-reg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/port-srv-reg

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 19:56:51 +0300

I think it was because the contact is supposed to be a (single) person, whereas the assignee can be an organization or group.

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:40:01 -0700

Right - assignee can be the parent organization, but contact should be a 
person where possible.

On 9/8/2011 9:56 AM, Lars Eggert wrote:
>>       IESG<[email-masked]>.
>>       Contact will be the IETF Chair<[email-masked]>.
>>
>>
>> On 9/1/11 12:38 AM, "Magnus Westerlund"<[email-masked]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

---

From: Michelle Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 10:49:35 -0700

Thanks.

--Michelle

On 9/8/11 10:40 AM, "Joe Touch" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I think it was because the contact is supposed to be a (single) person,
>> whereas the assignee can be an organization or group.
>>