Subject: [Pppext] two new IPv6CP individual submissions

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:27:46 -0400

Two new IPv6CP individual submissions are attached.  I believe that both
of these should receive attention in the PPPEXT working group.

-- 
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <[email-masked]>

Subject: I-D Action:draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PPPv6 Problem statement and requirements
	Author(s)       : J. Hu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-10-17

The IPv6 Control Protocol (IPv6CP) is a NCP that allows for the
negotiation of parameters for an IPv6 interface over PPP. In IPv6
networks, PPP (PPPoE) will still be an important mechanism for
connecting broadband access users. However, IPv6CP only defines the
Interface-Identifier option, other parameters such as IPv6 Address,
Primary and alternative DNS server addresses, and delegated prefix
have to be configured by other methods rather than IPv6CP.

This document describes problems the ISPs faced and lists
requirements related when deploying IPv6 in broadband access network
over PPP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PPP IPv6 Control Protocol Extensions
	Author(s)       : J. Hu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-17

The IPv6 Control Protocol (IPv6CP) is one of Network Control
Protocols(NCPs) that are defined by the Point-to-Point Protocol(PPP)
for establishing and configuring different network protocols.

This document extends the IPv6CP for negotiating and configuring IPv6
network parameters over PPP links, including IPv6 address, IPv6
prefix, primary and alternative DNS server addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt