Subject: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:19:36 +0800

Dear all,

We have submitted a new Internet draft entitled "A P2P CDN based Content 
Sharing System using PPSP and RELOAD".
It can be accessed at: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-ppsp-p2p-cdn-00.txt
Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

Abstract:
This document defines a P2P CDN (Content Delivery Network) based
content sharing system using PPSP (Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol)
and RELOAD (REsource LOcation And Discovery).  The P2P CDN provides a
unified platform for service/content providers and content sharing
users to share content efficiently and safely.  The shared contents
may include streaming media, files, etc.  This content sharing system
uses PPSP as signaling protocol for P2P content distributing, and
uses RELOAD to improve reliability and scalability.  More
specifically, RELOAD is used to construct P2P overlays storing of
massive contents and locating contents reliably.
 
Best Regards,
Lichun Li

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:38:21 +0800

Hi Lichun,
   Glad to see the draft.I am curious of how exactly the P2P CDN system use PPSP and what exactly the messages look like.Thanks.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2010-03-10

发件人： [email-masked]
发送时间： 2010-03-04 13:35:40
收件人： [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

Dear all, 

We have submitted a new Internet draft entitled "A P2P CDN based Content Sharing System using PPSP and RELOAD". 
It can be accessed at: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-ppsp-p2p-cdn-00.txt 
Any comments are welcome. Thanks. 

Abstract:
                                                      
Best Regards, 
Lichun Li

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:44:12 +0800

Hi Yunfei,
   This draft is not intent to define message format. But we will 
summarize some requirements on PPSP protocols from the view of P2P CDN. 
Take Figure 4 as an example, tracker can instruct cacher to download 
contents (live channel, first chunk of movie) for fast channel/movie 
change. It looks that current tracker protocol draft doesn’t have message 
type to support this.

BR
Lichun

"zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]> 
2010-03-10 14:38

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

Hi Lichun,
   Glad to see the draft.I am curious of how exactly the P2P CDN system 
use PPSP and what exactly the messages look like.Thanks.
 
BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2010-03-10

Dear all, 

Abstract:
                                                      
Best Regards, 
Lichun Li

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.

---

From: "Softgear Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:07:36 +0900

Hello, Lichun Li.

I think this draft shows good overview of CDN supported P2P streaming
service. I think, basically, the idea is very similar to our draft:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-softgear-p2psip-iptv/  which uses
RELOAD overlay for P2P streaming.

However, your draft considers "chunk" based P2P streaming while our draft
considers the live streaming only. I think we can share the idea each other.
Could you add our draft to References in your draft?

Additionally, in your draft, only tracker (tracker overlay) can do
"pushing". Why don't add the function which CSCs or other entities requests
a cacher to push/pull content from others?

Regards,

Softgear Ko

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

Dear all, 

Abstract:
                                                      
Best Regards, 
Lichun Li

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: lichun li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:35:14 +0800

Hi
I'm glad to share ideas with you and other people with common
interests. I will add your draft to references in next version.
Comments about "push", please see inline.

> a cacher to push/pull content from others?

Well, I have considered this before. I think this function is not
necessary if CSCs ask tracker for peer list.
But if CSCs request every chunk from nearby cachers and don't ask
tracker for peer list, CSCs need this function.
What do you think?

> _______________________________________________
> ppsp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ppsp
>
>

-- 
Sincerely yours,

Lichun Li
ZTE Corporation

---

From: "Softgear Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:33:44 +0900

Hi, Lichun Li.

About pushing,
When does a tracker ask a cacher to pull the content?
If there are many cacher, which cachers does a tracker ask?
I  think, if a CSC knows the nearest cacher, the CSC can ask the cacher to
pull the content for subsequent request or other nearby CSC.

Thank you for adding our draft as a reference.

- Softgear Ko.

-----Original Message-----
From: lichun li [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:35 PM
To: Softgear Ko
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

Hi

> massive contents and locating contents reliably.
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is s
olely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is conf
idential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are n
ot permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended s
olely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
 you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the m
essage. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual send
er.

-- 
Sincerely yours,

Lichun Li
ZTE Corporation