Subject: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP

From: "Kang Heng WU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:44:10 +0800

Hi Yunfei,

We would like to request a time slot to present our draft "P2P Layered
Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP". The attached document is
the draft. 

The abstract of the draft is as follows.

The scenarios where a Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) contains
heterogeneous nodes need special considerations. For example, mobile
devices, PCs and set-top boxes may all need to access and provide
service for the same content. To support heterogeneity and maximize the
total network utilization, it may be necessary to have layered coding of
content to achieve desired results. This document defines the Layered
P2P Streaming in PPSP with support for heterogeneous peer nodes.

Thanks,

Kangheng

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: "Lei Zhibin James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:57:04 +0800

Dear Yunfei,

We would like to request a time slot to present our draft "The Secure P2P Streaming Protocol (SPPSP)". The attached document is the draft. 

The abstract of the draft is as follows:

This draft describes the Secure Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (SPPSP), an extension of the Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP), which can provide confidentiality, message authentication, and content protection to the PPSP traffic.

Best regards,

James Lei

Hong Kong ASTRI