Subject: [precis] [[email-masked]: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-02]

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:10:17 -0400

Dear colleagues,

I just uploaded a shamefully minor update to the problem-statement
draft.  This one describes the issue of Unicode version differences,
and includes it in the generic list of problems to be solved.  It also
includes some (we hope) improvements to other sections.

What it does _not_ include is the summary of evaluations that was the
principal blocking item.  Marc nevertheless thought (correctly, I'm
sure) that it was important to get this much out so that this progress
could be reviewed.

I want to emphasise that the failure of progress on this document is
entirely my fault.  My apologies for this.  You may feel free to heap
abuse on me in this afternoon's session.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-02
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 05:03:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-02.txt has been successfully submitted by Andrew Sullivan and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Stringprep Revision Problem Statement
Creation_date:	 2011-03-31
WG ID:		 precis
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings that expect comparison
with other strings requires preparation of the string that contains
the Unicode codepoints.  Internationalizing Domain Names in
Applications (IDNA2003) defined and used Stringprep and Nameprep.
Other protocols subsequently defined Stringprep profiles.  A new
approach different from Stringprep and Nameprep is used for a
revision of IDNA2003 (called IDNA2008).  Other Stringprep profiles
need to be similarly updated or a replacement of Stringprep needs to
be designed.  This document outlines the issues to be faced by those
designing a Stringprep replacement.

The IETF Secretariat.