Subject: [precis] another ordering question

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:32:02 -0600

While reviewing and checking the codepoint table based on some Python
code I've been writing, I noticed that under our current order both of
the following codepoints are categorized as PrecisIgnorableProperties
rather than OldHangulJamo:

115F;HANGUL CHOSEONG FILLER;Lo;0;L;;;;;N;;;;;
1160;HANGUL JUNGSEONG FILLER;Lo;0;L;;;;;N;;;;;

That's because our order of operations is:

   Else If .cp. .in. PrecisIgnorableProperties Then DISALLOWED;
   Else If .cp. .in. Controls Then DISALLOWED;
   Else If .cp. .in. OldHangulJamo Then DISALLOWED;

Although both rules result in a status of DISALLOWED at this time for
our current string classes, it seems better to apply the OldHangulJamo
rule before the PrecisIgnorableProperties rule.

Thoughts?

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/