Subject: [precis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-precis-framework-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:42:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PRECIS Framework: Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Marc Blanchet
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-framework-13.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2013-12-05

Abstract:
   Application protocols using Unicode characters in protocol strings
   need to properly prepare such strings in order to perform valid
   comparison operations (e.g., for purposes of authentication or
   authorization).  This document defines a framework enabling
   application protocols to perform the preparation and comparison of
   internationalized strings ("PRECIS") in a way that depends on the
   properties of Unicode characters and thus is agile with respect to
   versions of Unicode.  As a result, this framework provides a more
   sustainable approach to the handling of internationalized strings
   than the previous framework, known as Stringprep (RFC 3454).  This
   document obsoletes RFC 3454.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-precis-framework-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-precis-framework-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:45:59 -0700

Some small fixes as discussed on the list. I now consider this ready for
IETF Last Call.

On 12/5/13 8:42 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> precis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/precis
>