Subject: [precis] Last Call: <draft-ietf-precis-mappings-11.txt> (Mapping characters for PRECIS classes) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 06:14:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Preparation and Comparison of
Internationalized Strings WG (precis) to consider the following document:
- 'Mapping characters for PRECIS classes'
  <draft-ietf-precis-mappings-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The framework for preparation, enforcement, and comparison of
   internationalized strings ("PRECIS") defines several classes of
   strings for use in application protocols.  Because many protocols
   perform case-sensitive or case-insensitive string comparison, it
   necessary to define methods for case mapping.  In addition, both the
   Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) and the PRECIS
   problem statement describe mappings for internationalized strings
   that are not limited to case, but include width mapping and mapping
   of delimiters and other special characters that can be taken into
   consideration.  This document provides guidelines for designers of
   PRECIS profiles and describes several mappings that can be applied
   between receiving user input and passing permitted code points to
   internationalized protocols.  In particular, this document describes
   both locale-dependent and context-depending case mappings as well as
   additional mappings for delimiters and special characters.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-mappings/

IESG discussion, once it begins, can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-mappings/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.