Subject: [precis] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-precis-7564bis-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 06:05:32 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-precis-7564bis-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7564bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Benoit, the diff was helpful.

It seems a bit odd to be doing a -bis for a document ~2 years old, and the
draft started <1 year after publication - are we likely to see a -bis of this
newly published doc as soon?

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 08:37:59 -0600

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7564bis/

It seems better to fix things (and as you can see the diff is relatively
small) than to let them fester or expect people to look at errata. And
no, we do not expect to be making any changes to this set of documents
anytime soon (e.g., 5+ years).

Peter