Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Am early warning: Future work of the PWG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:51:56 -0400

All:

Every year to 18 months, it is important for the PWG to examine the changing
nature of printing and find potential areas where standardization could improve
the printing experience for the end-user as well as perhaps to make the task of
creating printers, printing systems, printing utilities, etc. easier and better.
As such, the time has come to have an "open forum" session to brainstorm for
ideas.

I will be "hosting" an open forum session one evening in Denver.  I would like
to do it either Tuesday or Wednesday evening.  As soon as I can confirm with
Harry Lewis that we can have our meeting room in the evening one of these days,
I will make a formal announcement.

In the mean time, please start thinking about areas you think the PWG should
consider.  Some suggestions I have already had:

1) Multifunction device standards
     - MIBs?
     - Protocols?
     - etc.

2) Linux Printing
     - UPDF based?
     - something else?

I am sure there are hundreds of other areas ripe for exploration so put your
thinking caps on!

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************