Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> It may not be too early to choose the hotel for July 2000 meetin g in San Francisco/Vancouver

From: "Herriot, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:23:58 -0700

I have done a small amount of checking for hotel space in the locations for
the July, 2000 PWG meeting.  

Space is already filling, so we may want to act soon. 

Of the few I've checked, the Palo Alto locations are the only ones that are
available. There are probably other locations in both areas, but it would
require more work to find them. We are competing with a huge semiconductor
conference in San Jose.

Here is the information that I have found:

Sheraton, Palo Alto, at the West end of the downtown with great restaurants
within a few blocks walk and next to the train station with trains to San
Francisco. Group rate is $199, regular rate is $219, although AAA rate is
$177.85 for parking lot view rooms. Garden view rooms are $20 to $30 more.
Parking is free. The group rate is $177 for less-full weeks, such as the
July 3 week. The hotel is filling fast because of a huge semiconductor
conference in San Jose that week. They are also quite full the following
week.

Garden Court, Palo Alto, a very nice hotel in downtown Palo Alto towards the
East end. They have space. I didn't look into it because their rates are
very high--$265 of street view and $295 for courtyard view.

Marriott, downtown San Francisco, across from Moscone Center, many blocks
from the best    
parts of San Francisco, already sold out for the week of July 10-14. Least
expensive regular rate would be $279/night. Group rate may be slightly less.

Marriott, Fisherman's Wharf, already sold out of the week of July 10-14.
Least expensive regular rate would be $249/night if rooms were available.

Vancouver, Renaisance Marriott, on waterfront. They cannot commit to a group
now because some other group has an option that will take all meeting rooms.
The price is good. The prices in Canadian dollars are $234/day city view and
$264/day harbor view. Though the rates for regular people using the 800
number are $219 and $249 respectively. When converted to US dollars the
rates range from about $130 to $165.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 06:52:23 -0400

There was a clear direction that San Francisco meant SAN FRANCISCO and NOT
someplace south of there.  Marriott's are not the only choice we should look at
before giving up.  The Alternative is VanCouver BC and not the South Bay.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************

[email-masked] on 10/04/99 05:23:58 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Don Wright/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  PWG-ANNOUNCE> It may not be too early to choose the hotel  for July
      2000 meetin   g in San Francisco/Vancouver