Subject: FW: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ADM - Meeting Venue for December PWG Meeting

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:05:44 -0800

All,

I have heard that a few people had tried to book rooms at the Marriott, but
that the hotel did not know about the Printer Working Group reservation.

This has now been corrected, sorry for the delay at the hotel to set this up
properly.

Please send me your PINGs as well, I have only got a few so far. The
deadline for the reservations is on November 30th.

Carl-Uno

-----Original Message-----
From: Manros, Carl-Uno B [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 12:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ADM - Meeting Venue for December PWG Meeting

All,

We have now got the meeting arrangements for the PWG Meeting on December
13-17, 1999 set up.

Below are the meeting details. Check the PWG Chair pages for Agenda.

Please give me a PING with the following information:

1) Day of Arrival
2) Day of Departure
3) Meeting Days Attended

Please note that the hotel rate is a very favorable rate negotiated by
Xerox; you may not be able to get it over your travel agent. The deadline
for registration with the hotel is on November 30th.

The cost for the meeting room will depend on the number of participants, but
is expected not to exceed $40 per day.

The hotel is located about 1 mile south of the LAX airport. If you don't
want to wait for a hotel shuttle, the taxi fair should be less that $10, or
you can rent a car.

Carl-Uno

-----

When:		December 13 - 17, 1999

Where:	Marriott Hotel in Manhattan Beach
Address:	1400 Parkview Ave.
		Manhattan Beach, Ca.  90266
		Phone: 310-546-7511 
		Fax: 310-796-0322

Hotel Cost:	$109/night for both Single and Double rates

Contact:	Jennifer Swallow
		Phone: 310-546-7511

Mtg. Name:	When making your reservation, the meeting will be under
"PWG".

Hotel Shuttle:	When you arrive at LAX there are courtesy phones which you
can use to call the hotel who will come to pick you up.  From the hotel to
LAX, the hotel does offer a airport shuttle which leaves every 1/2 hr.
starting at 5am.

Pls. Reserve:	Please make your reservations by November 30th to assure
your spot.  If you would like to arrive a few days before the meeting you
may also call to make reservations for the weekend before.

----

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:25:50 -0800

Folks,

After a repeat performance from last week, a certain person at a certain
hotel chain probably wished she hadn't been born today...

I have now got personal insurance from said person that EVERYTHING is as
ordered:

The booking is under: the Printer Working Group (PWG), (add the magic word
"Xerox" if they still can't find it!)

The daily rate is: $109

The conference room cost will be shared as usual.

If you could get not your booking at all, or was given the wrong price,
please check back with the hotel ONE MORE TIME and have them straighten out
your reservation.

My sincere apologies for all this extra hassle. 

I can only pray and hope that they perform a lot better once you are all
there.

Carl-Uno

> Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 1:06 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Shaparnia, Lisa
> Subject: FW: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ADM - Meeting Venue for December 
> PWG Meeting
> 
> 
> All,
>