Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> BOF session on Open Source code during the New York PWG meeting

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:57:46 -0700

All,

During the IPP session in the April PWG meeting in Tokyo the idea of the PWG
stepping in to support open soure code projects in PWG relevant areas. A
first project might be an open source intiative for IPP Clients.

We have been given a slot on the evening of May 17 during the next PWG
meeting in New York to discuss this further.
We will announe the exact time later, but expect to meet for at least two
hours.

Please send me a note if you you are interested to participate in this
meeting. Note that we will try to discuss both the overall approach for the
PWG to host or support Open Source projects in general, but also try to
start planning for a first effort related to IPP Clients.

We have recently created a new DL for discussion of PWG specific IPP
subjects. The detailed discussions for Open Source IPP Clients will be held
onnthat DL.

----

To subscribe to the new DL, send a message to:

	[email-masked]

Leave Subject blank

In the body of the message write:

	subscribe pwg-ipp
	end

----
Carl-Uno Manros

Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]