Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Last Call for PWG draft on: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 & 1.1: Override Attributes for Documents and Pages, Version Sept 15, 2000 - clo sing on October 20

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:25:25 -0700

All,

Note that this message is about a PWG draft on IPP (not part of the IETF IPP
work).

Late last year it was agreed with the IETF Application Area Directors that
IPP extensions that have no major impact on the overall IPP model and
protocol encoding could be done separately by the PWG.

The relevant draft document is: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 & 1.1:
Override Attributes for Documents and Pages, Version Sept 15, 2000

This draft is the first PWG produced IPP document to come up for Last Call.
The first draft of this document was introduced to the PWG in December 1999.
The document is intended to be published as an IEEE-ISTO PWG Standard
document as an extension to the RFC2911 from the IETF.

The purpose of a Last Call is to give everybody a last chance to look over
the draft text and determine whether they agree that the content now
reflects our technical agreements and has support from a majority of the
technical experts that have worked on it.

Anybody interested in the content of the draft can send their comments,
whether they participate in the PWG work or not.
Please send your comments to the PWG IPP DL at: [email-masked].

The draft can be found at (there is no TXT version):

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_EXC/pwg-ipp-override-attributes-000915.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_EXC/pwg-ipp-override-attributes-000915.pdf

The PWG rules state that Last Calls for drafts need to be at least 10
working days. 

We will start the Last Call tomorrow October 5, and the deadline for
comments is October 20, 2000.

If we get back comments, we will try to resolve those before voting on the
document in the PWG for publishing.

The final vote in the PWG can be done either in a PWG meeting or over email.
As there is no further PWG meeting until December, we are likely to do the
voting for this document over email. 

Carl-Uno Manros
Chair of the IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG

Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]