Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Last Call for PWG draft on: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): "fi nishings" attribute values extension , Version October 30, 2000 - c losin g on November 21, 2000

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:07:47 -0800

All,

Note that this message is about a PWG draft on IPP (not part of the IETF IPP
work).

The relevant draft document is: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): 
"finishings" attribute values extension , Version October 30, 2000.

This draft started off an IETF draft, but which has expired. To shorten the
time it takes to get the document published, the IEE-ISTO PWG has taken over

the document.

The purpose of a Last Call is to give everybody a last chance to look over
the draft text and determine whether they agree that the content now
reflects our technical agreements and has support from a majority of the
technical experts that have worked on it.

Anybody interested in the content of the draft can send their comments,
whether they participate in the PWG work or not. 

Please send your comments to the PWG IPP DL at: [email-masked].

The draft can be found in different versions at (there is no TXT version):

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_VAL/pwg-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-0010
30-rev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_VAL/pwg-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-0010
30-rev.rtf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_VAL/pwg-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-0010
30-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_VAL/pwg-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-0010
30.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_VAL/pwg-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-0010
30.rtf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_VAL/pwg-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-0010
30.pdf

The Abstract is:

This document specifies the additional enum values 'fold', 'trim', 'bale',
'booklet-maker', 'jog-offset', 'bind-left', 'bind-top', 'bind-right', and
'bind-bottom' for the IPP "finishings" Job Template attribute for use with
the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2566, RFC2565] and Internet
Printing Protocol/1.1 (IPP) [RFC2911, RFC2910].  This attribute permits the
client to specify additional finishing options, including values that
include a specification of a coordinate system for the placement of
finishings operation with respect to the corners and edges of portrait and
landscape documents.
The changes are the ones agreed to at the September 2000 PWG-IPP meeting in
Chicago.
The /new_VAL/ sub-directory has been created for IPP and PWG specs that
contain additional values to existing attributes.  This sub-directory
replaces the /proposed-registrations/attributes/ in order to make the URL
fit on a line in a mail message.
The format follows suggestions from Don Wright and Carl-Uno Manros for PWG
standards.  Comments on the format are also welcome.

The PWG rules state that Last Calls for drafts need to be at least 10
working days. 

We will start the Last Call tomorrow November 7, and the deadline for
comments is November 21, 2000.

If we get back comments, we will try to resolve those before voting on the
document in the PWG for publishing.

The final vote in the PWG can be done either in a PWG meeting or over email.

See some further details below. 

Carl-Uno Manros
Chair of the IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG

Manager, Print Services - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]