Subject: PMP> FIN> Add 'percent(19)' to 'PrtCapacityUnitTC' and 'PrtMarkerSuppliesUn itTC'

From: "Dennis Carney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:57:24 -0700

Ira,

What are you going to return for prtInputMaxCapacity when
prtInputCapacityUnit is 'percent'? 100?  The same capacity unit is used for
both max capacity and current level, and 'percent' fits one but not the
other.

Dennis Carney
IBM Printing Systems
---------------------- Forwarded by Dennis Carney/Boulder/IBM on 11/17/2000
12:56 PM ---------------------------

"McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>@pwg.org on 11/17/2000 12:25:50 PM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  FIN> Add 'percent(19)' to 'PrtCapacityUnitTC' and
      'PrtMarkerSuppliesUn itTC'

Hi,

Implementors here at Sharp have found a serious problem with
'prtInputCurrentLevel', 'prtOutputRemainingCapacity' and
'prtMarkerSuppliesLevel'.

Their related units objects need 'percent(19)' added to
allow reporting of RELATIVE levels (often the only
information known from sensors).

- 'PrtCapacityUnitTC' should have 'items(18)' (per Ron B
  and Harry L) and 'percent(19)' added
- 'PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC' should have 'percent(19)'
  added

BOTH of these textual conventions should also have 'other(1)'
and 'unknown(2)' added - this would provide short-term
relief to the NEXT product team that finds a missing unit
AFTER the Printer MIB v2 is published as an RFC.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp
  High North Inc