Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> 2001 Meeting Schedule

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:52:30 -0500

All:

The development of standards in a single area is often a cyclical process.  Work
on standards in printing is no different.  Many of you may remember a year ago
when we were forced to overlap meetings in ways to minimize personnel overlap
and to schedule evening sessions in order to give time for all the PWG projects
to meet in a single week.

Where there's a peak there's also a trough.  At this point in time, the PWG is
in one of those troughs.  The IPP project is rapidly drawing to a conclusion.
The UPD project will soon complete and of course the MIB and 1394 efforts are in
maintenance mode.  That leaves the IPP Fax effort as the only one in the real
heart of the development process.  Additionally, the US economy has caused
several of our participants to scale back in their travel expenditures and hence
their face-to-face participation in standards meetings including the PWG.

Therefore, I proposed at the March PWG meeting in Tampa, the following schedule
change:

- Apr 23-27 -> Portland OR (meeting notice recently sent)
- Jun 4-8 Toronto -> cancel
- Jul 30-Aug 3 Amsterdam -> move to Toronto
- Sep 10-14 Texas -> tentatively cancel
- Oct 22-26 Phoenix, AZ -> move to Texas or keep in Phoenix
- Dec 17-21 Los Angeles, CA -> tentatively cancel

Those in attendance in Tampa agreed with this proposal.  The only definitive
actions at this time are the cancellation of the Toronto meeting dates and the
movement of the Jul/Aug meeting to Toronto.  We will continue to assess the need
for meetings and make final determination of the September, October and December
meeting dates and locations as we move forward.  I encourage individual working
groups (such as UPD or IPP Fax) to schedule face-to-face meetings at locations
and times convenient to those groups between Plenary meetings.

In order to maintain communications among the various working groups,
alternative communications channels such as a Plenary Teleconference or a PWG
"newsletter" may be used when there would normally have been a face-to-face
meeting.

BTW: Effective Wednesday, March 21st, my phone number will change to
859-825-4808.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Chair, Printer Working Group               *
* Chair, IEEE MSC                            *
*                                            *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 859-232-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax)    *
**********************************************