Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Changes coming to the PWG mailing lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:45:57 -0400

In order to reduce the spam level on the PWG mailing lists, we intend to change
Majordomo to only accept e-mail for the mailing list from e-mail addresses that
are on that mailing list.  I expect this to happen in the next week or so.
Therefore, if you have multiple e-mail accounts or aliased e-mail accounts which
are not subscribed to a mailing list, you will no longer have the ability to
mail from those accounts.

Sorry to have to do this but with the ever rising spam level it is really our
only choice.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Chair, Printer Working Group               *
* Chair, IEEE MSC                            *
*                                            *
* Director, Alliances & Standards            *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 859-825-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax)    *
**********************************************

---

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:45:14 -0700

At 12:45 PM 6/15/01, [email-masked] wrote:

>In order to reduce the spam level on the PWG mailing lists, we intend to 
>change Majordomo to only accept e-mail for the mailing list from e-mail 
>addresses that are on that mailing list.  I expect this to happen in the 
>next week or so. Therefore, if you have multiple e-mail accounts or 
>aliased e-mail accounts which are not subscribed to a mailing list, you 
>will no longer have the ability to mail from those accounts.

Don, I hope the changes to Majordomo make their decision based upon the 
"From:" header and not upon other headers (such as X-Sender or 
X-Apparently-From). I am subscribed under my "From:" name but the contents 
of the other fields won't match.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]