Subject: PMP> RE: [Addressability] one more printer mib question

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:30:27 -0700

Hi Juergen,

Oops!  Good question.  I would say use the Marker row specified by
'prtMarkerDefaultIndex' in the 'prtGeneralTable'.

But we sure ought to specify this in the descriptions of the two
'prtInterpreterTable' columnar objects.  Right?

Further, it's not meaningful (and SHOULD NOT be done) to have
different addressability units for different markers or
interpreters in the same instance of the Printer MIB, in
my humble opinion.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, co-editor of Printer MIB v2
  High North Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 6:48 AM
To: McDonald, Ira
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; McDonald, Ira; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: one more printer mib question

The descriptions of prtInterpreterFeedAddressability and
prtInterpreterXFeedAddressability say:

prtInterpreterFeedAddressability OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     Integer32 (-2..2147483647)
    MAX-ACCESS read-only
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum interpreter addressability in the feed
        direction in 10000 prtMarkerAddressabilityUnits (see
        prtMarkerAddressabilityFeedDir ) for this interpreter. The
        value (-1) means other and specifically indicates that the sub-
        unit places no restrictions on this parameter."
    ::= { prtInterpreterEntry 8 }

prtInterpreterXFeedAddressability OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     Integer32 (-2..2147483647)
    MAX-ACCESS read-only
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum interpreter addressability in the cross feed
        direction in 10000 prtMarkerAddressabilityUnits (see
        prtMarkerAddressabilityXFeedDir) for this interpreter. The
        value (-1) means other and specifically indicates that the sub-
        unit places no restrictions on this parameter."
    ::= { prtInterpreterEntry 9 }

Which instance of prtMarkerAddressabilityUnits do I use for a given
prtInterpreterFeedAddressability or prtInterpreterXFeedAddressability
instance?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>