Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Press Release: IEEE-ISTO Leadership Succession Now in Effect

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:14:23 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

10 April 2003 - Piscataway, N.J. - A new senior leadership team took effect
on 1 April 2003 for the IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization
(ISTO) as Marco Migliaro became its President and CEO, and Gerald T. Lane
of IBM its Chairman of the Board.  The appointments complete a succession
plan following last year's retirement of ISTO's founding President and CEO,
Andrew Salem.

Migliaro comes to ISTO from Florida Power & Light, where he served as Chief
Electrical/I&C Engineer for the company's Nuclear Division. He is a fellow
member of the IEEE, was President of the IEEE Standards Association in
2001, has served on the IEEE Board of Directors, and was previously ISTO's
chairman since 2001.

A standards pioneer, Migliaro has been repeatedly recognized by the IEEE
for his contributions to the development of standards.  He has authored
more than 40 published technical papers and articles and has developed of a
number of training programs in the field of electric power. Migliaro will
leverage his extensive standards experience in guiding the ISTO.

"I look forward to the continued success of the IEEE-ISTO," says Migliaro.
"The ISTO is uniquely positioned to serve industry consortia.  In the short
time since it's founding, it has demonstrated its role as a leader in the
support of consortia-developed specifications and post-development
activities such as marketing, certification, and interoperability testing."

Gerald T. Lane, Director of Corporate Standards Practices at IBM, assumes
the post of ISTO chairman of the board. As chairman, Lane will guide the
ISTO's Board in managing the business and affairs of the not-for-profit
corporation.

"There is a surge in the number of standards development activities being
conducted outside of the traditional standards development organizations."
says Lane. "Many of these special interest groups and consortia have the
objective of creating information technology or communications related
standards which permit interoperability and interconnection, while doing so
on tremendously expedited schedules to meet marketplace demand.  The ISTO
has developed the capability to completely support the needs of these
standards developing activities."

Peter Lefkin completes ISTO's senior management team.  He is the Chief
Operating Officer and Secretary Treasurer and CFO, and has served in this
role with the ISTO since its formation in 1999.

ISTO's Board includes two new directors for 2003: Bill Smith (Sun
Microsystems) and Miguel Pellon (Motorola). Other Directors include: Timo
Ruikka (Nokia Corporation); James Williamson (Sony Electronics, Inc.); and
Don Wright (Lexmark International).

About the IEEE-ISTO

The  IEEE  Industry  Standards  and  Technology  Organization  is a global,
not-for-profit corporation designed to provide an innovative legal umbrella
for  consortia,  and  a  flexible array of program management support.  The
ISTO is affiliated with the IEEE and the IEEE Standards Association.

Currently  there  are  eight initiatives organized as programs of the ISTO:
1355  Association;  Broadband  Wireless Internet Forum; Customized Learning
Experience  Online  (CLEO)  Lab;  Liberty  Alliance Project; Medical Device
Communications Industry Group; Nexus 5001 Forum; Printer Working Group; and
VoiceXML Forum.

For  additional  information  regarding  the  IEEE-ISTO  and  its  industry
programs  call  1-732-465-5856,  visit  http://www.ieee-isto.org, or e-mail
[email-masked].