Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Semantic Model Schema v1.0 Announcement

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:56:29 -0500

All,

The PWG Schema v1.0 has been approved by the PWG.  The vote was 10 for, 0
against and 0 abstain. The schema is associated with the "IEEE-ISTO PWG
Candidate Standard 5105.1-2004 - PWG Semantic Model" Candidate Standard
specification.
The schema is published on the PWG's Semantic Model page
http://www.pwg.org/sm <http://www.pwg.org/sm>  and in the PWG Schema
directory for version 1.0 of the Semantic Model
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/ <http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/> >

The namespace for the schema is http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/>  
Below are the schema files that constitute the WPW Semantic Model Schema
v1.0

Thanks to all who participated in the Semantic Model and the Schema work,
Pete

There are 2 valid "views" of the PWG schema.  These schemas include the
subschema below.  By including every required schema these two schemas are
valid.   The first is a flat view and the second is a hierarchical view.  
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PwgCommon.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgCommon.xsd>  
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PwgSemanticModel.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgSemanticModel.xsd>  

The following schemas describe the Printer.  Note that they are not
individually valid.  Documentation in each schema lists the dependency each
has on other schema.  
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/Printer.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Printer.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PrinterDescription.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PrinterDescription.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PrinterStatus.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PrinterStatus.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/ProcessingActual.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingActual.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/ProcessingDefault.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingDefault.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/ProcessingReady.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingReady.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/ProcessingSupported.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingSupported.xsd> 

The following schemas describe the Job.  Note that they are not individually
valid.  Documentation in each schema lists the dependency each has on other
schema.  
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/Job.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Job.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/JobDescription.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobDescription.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/JobProcessing.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobProcessing.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/JobStatus.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobStatus.xsd> 

The following schemas describe the Document.  Note that they are not
individually valid.  Documentation in each schema lists the dependency each
has on other schema.
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/Document.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Document.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/DocumentDescription.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentDescription.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/DocumentProcessing.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentProcessing.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/DocumentStatus.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentStatus.xsd> 

The following schemas describe the Media.  
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/MediaElements.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MediaElements.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/MediaWellKnownValues.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MediaWellKnownValues.xsd> 

The following schemas describe the types and elements common to Printers,
Jobs and Documents.  Note that PwgCommon.xsd individually valid.  It has a
dependency on MediaElements.xsd.
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PwgCommon.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgCommon.xsd> 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PwgWellKnownValues.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgWellKnownValues.xsd> 

For those of you that use XMLSPY, here is a project file for "1.0".
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PwgSemanticModelSchema_1.0.spp
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/PwgSemanticModelSchema_1.0.spp> 

Though not part of the schema, I've included a master list of complex types
and elements.
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/1.0/MasterListOfPwgSemanticElements.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MasterListOfPwgSemanticElements.xsd> 

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: [email-masked]
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				        Xerox Corp.
				        800 Phillips Rd.
				        M/S 128-25E
				        Webster NY, 14580-9701