Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG/DMTF collaboration and Semantic Model call for new leader

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:46:24 -0700

Couple things I want to make the broad PWG membership aware of. 

1. PWG and DMTF are discussing how to collaboratively review and update 
the DMTF CIM model based on recent enhancements in the Printer MIB v2, 
WIMS and the PWG Semantic Model.
2. Refreshing the CIM model is a valuable exercise for printer and printer 
management vendors because both WS-Management and Oasis WSDM are capable 
of leveraging CIM.
3. This work will rely heavily on the updated Printer MIB v2 and the PWG 
Semantic Model (including Counter extensions derived from WIMS).
4. Pete Zehler, our former champion of the Semantic Model, has encountered 
a job reassignment and has had to relinquish his responsibilities as SM 
Chair and editor. 

I wold like to encourage your participation in one of two (or both) roles

A. We need someone (or more) to volunteer to Chair and Edit the Semantic 
Model
B. When kicked off, we will need participants in the PWG/DMTF 
collaborative work effort for updating the CIM model for printers. 

THIS IS A CALL FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION! Please let me know if you are 
interested in any of these roles in the near future. 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------