Subject: PMP> Posted Port Mon MIB v0.60 (22 January 2005)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:29:06 -0800

Hi folks,                                     Saturday (22 January 2005)

Based on recent comments from Ron Bergman and Mike Fenelon, I have just
posted a new draft (with a status of 'Prototype') of the PWG Printer
Port Monitor MIB at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpportmib10-20050122.htm
    - full text - PWG boilerplate, introduction, model, references

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpportmib10-20050122.mib
    - MIB source only

This MIB compiles without warnings in both Epilogue Emissary and SMICng.

Next Steps:

(1) Mike will put this document into MS Word and add more to the
    'Background' section.
(2) We'll start a PWG 'last call' of this document ASAP (no later than
    15 March 2005).

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------
[change log - moved to source document from MIB]

22 January 2005 (v0.60)

- revised section 'Printer Terminology' to add definitions for 'Source
  Port' and 'Target Port', per comments from Tom Haapanen (Equitrac);
- revised section 'Structure of PPM MIB' to align with recent updates,
  per comments from Ron Bergman;
- revised section 'Use Models of PPM MIB' to delete parentheses around
  'prtChannelTable' requirements, per comments from Ron Bergman;
- revised DESCRIPTION of 'ppmPortServiceNameOrURI' to add Use Models and
  Compatibility Note paragraphs, per comments from Mike Fenelon;
- deleted 'ppmMIBNotifications' base arc (because MIB does not define
  any traps), per comments from Ron Bergman;
- revised 'ppmMIBConformance' base arc (closed hole from above change);
- revised all REFERENCE clauses to delete redundant 'See:' for clarity,
  per comments from Ron Bergman;