Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Formal Vote announcement PWG Imaging Counter MIB V1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:00:50 -0500

Greetings:

The PWG Imaging Counter MIB 1.0  from the WIMS WG of the
Printer Working Group has completed its Last Call process.

The Working Draft document and Normative MIB definition are 
being submitted by the WIMS Working Group chair for a 
Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership.

NOTE:
This Formal Vote is to advance the document and MIB definition to a status
of INFORMATIONAL not Candidate Standard.  This is due to the fact that, to 
date,
there are NO prototypes of this MIB as required by the Printer Working 
Group
Standards development process for advancement to Candidate Standard.

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib10-20051129.pdf

The Normative MIB definition can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib10-20051129.mib

The list of comments that were addressed as part of the Last Call
for both the Counter Spec. and the Counter MIB are located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/LastCallComments/CounterSpec_LC_Comment_Resolution_20050824.pdf

Descriptions of the changes made to the document and mib since last call 
are detailed
at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/LastCallComments/wimscount_lc_change_log.doc

The voting period will open on Friday December 2, 2005 and close at 10PM
(Pacific Time) on Friday December 23, 2005.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain.

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote 
and a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote.

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format:

"Counter MIB Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of 
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>"

Example:  Counter MIB Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email.

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

Note:
If you have not received an acknowledgement of your vote being cast
within 48 hours of submitting your vote, please contact the PWG
Chairman directly to ensure that your vote was received.

Jerry Thrasher

PWG Secretary