Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> XHTML-Print is a W3C Proposed Recommendation

From: "Grant, Melinda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:09:11 -0800

If you haven't yet heard, I'm pleased to announce that as of last
Tuesday, XHTML-Print was advanced to Proposed Recommendation:
 
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PR-xhtml-print-20060131/
 
Achievement of Proposed Recommendation or PR status indicates that the
specification is a stable technical document, has formally addressed all
issues raised during the Candidate Recommendation period, and has
demonstrated that each feature has at least two independent
interoperable implementations.
 
The review period ends Feb 28 2006.
 
Should this document become a W3C Recommendation, W3C expects to issue a
press release and publish testimonials in support of the document. You
are encouraged to take advantage of this testimonial opportunity.  In
particular, if possible the W3 would like to see endorsements from
printer, mobile phone, and CE vendors.  For further information please
contact me or Steven Pemberton <[email-masked]
<http://us.f525.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=[email-masked]&YY=77698&orde
r=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b> >, HTML Working Group Chair.
 
A heartfelt 'THANKS!' and 'CONGRATS!' to all who helped reach this
milestone.
 
This new version of XHTML-Print is inconsistent in several ways with the
current CR version of CSS Print.  I expect to make the necessary changes
to CSS Print over the next few months, along with working on the CSS
Print test suite.  Let me know if you'd like to help... ;-)
 
Best wishes,
 
Melinda
 
PS We currently have billing on the W3C main page! ;-)  Check it out...
http://www.w3.org

________________________________

<http://www.hp.com/Redirect/gw/useng_welcome/logo/=http:/welcome.hp.com/
country/us/eng/welcome.htm> 

Melinda Grant

Connectivity Standards

Consumer Printing and Imaging 
+1 (360) 212-3598
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

________________________________