Subject: PMP> Next MFP Conference Call - 28 March 2006 11am EST

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:14:38 -0800

Hi,

Reminder of another MFP conference call that's scheduled for:

  Tuesday 28 March 2006 at 11am US EST / 8am US PST

The three new agenda items from minutes item 7 below are:

There are three other issues that should be discussed and resolved 
as they could have significant impact on the project.

a) Fax Modem: The Printer MIB current defines a Channel Type of 
"chFax(18)". Ira mentioned in the MFP Alerts BOF that this has been
modeled as an interface by other groups. An Interface group also has
been included within the Counters MIB. What information is required 
to adequately model a Fax Modem?

b) MFP Alert Objects: Xerox (Thomas Silver) has indicated they would 
like to make a proposal on this subject. It has been noted that the 
generation of even a small number of objects will certainly be a much
more significant undertaking than the other task. However, we should
carefully examine the benefit of additional objects and, if the value 
is significant, they will be added.

c) Service: From the minutes of the last teleconference; "It was also
noted that to properly define alerts, services as well as physical 
entities are needed". There appears to also be a counter argument. We
need to obtain a "rough" consensus on this issue and then take the 
appropriate action.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked] 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Bergman, Ron
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PMP> Minutes from MFP Conference Call - March 14, 2006

The minutes from yesterdays meeting can be found at: 

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/minutes/mfp/MFP_Minutes_20060314.pdf 

Note that I have proposed another teleconference on March 28th, 11AM EST
to discuss the new issues in item #7.  Also, if any proposals are ready
they can also be discussed during this call. 

        Ron Bergman 
        Ricoh Printing Systems, America