Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Formal Approval commencement for the Imaging State & Counter MIB v2

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:14:13 -0700

PWG Formal Approval commencement for the Imaging State & Counter MIB v2 ? 
Voting ends Tuesday March 18, 2008
On Feb 21, 2008 the PWG Steering Committee approved WIMS working group 
Last Call exit for the Imaging State & Counter MIB v2. At the request of 
the WIMS working group Chairman, Bill Wagner ? TIC, and according to my 
duties as Secretary of the PWG, I hereby initiate the Formal Approval 
process for advancing this work product to PWG Candidate Standard. 
Formal Approval occurs by vote of the PWG membership. The voting period 
will open on Monday February 25, 2008 and close at 10PM (Pacific Time) on 
Tuesday March 18, 2008. 
Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain. 
Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote and a 
description of the changes required for turning the No vote to a Yes. 
Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote. 
To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format: 
"Counter MIB v2 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of 
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>" 
Example: Counter MIB v2 Formal Vote-InfoPrint-lewis-yes 
No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email. 
Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @): 
thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com 
wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net 
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com 
REFERENCE MATERIAL
Because there were no last call comments, there is no need for a LCRC 
document or for a revision of the document put up for last call. The 
document is at 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.pdf. 
 
Associated documents that assist in understanding the primary document 
are:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.mib 
- Plaintext ASN.1 MIB
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123-mib.pdf 
- Color highlighted ASN.1 MIB
These MIB documents are not normative and are not in themselves to be 
voted on. However, the WIMS working group would welcome any comments 
members would like to make on these ancillary documents.
 
Specific information on the changes from the previously approved 
informational document was presented at the February Plenary, and is 
available at 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/white/wims-countmib20-pwg-last-call-20080207.pdf
.
Note: 
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at: 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf 
A list of Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG member companies 
will be provided to the working group chair in case "reminder" notices are 
necessary to meet the voting requirements listed in the process document. 
Harry Lewis 
PWG Secretary

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: [email-masked]
infoprint.com