Subject: RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Formal Approval commencement for the Imaging State & Counter MIB v2

From: "William A Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:38:57 -0500

This is just to remind PWG members that balloting for advancement of the
Imaging State & Counter MIB v2 is in progress. This MIB was originally
approved as a binding of the Counter Spec. It has recently been upgraded to
include Imaging state information, in lieu of generating an additional MIB
for MFD/MFP state reporting. It has been prototyped by Samsung, some text
has been clarified, and has gone though PWG last call with no comments.

If possible, please give some time to considering this specification and
cast your vote.

Many thanks.

Bill Wagner, CoChairman, WIMS WG 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Harry Lewis
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 1:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Formal Approval commencement for the Imaging
State & Counter MIB v2

PWG Formal Approval commencement for the Imaging State & Counter MIB v2 -
Voting ends Tuesday March 18, 2008 

On Feb 21, 2008 the PWG Steering Committee approved WIMS working group Last
Call exit for the Imaging State & Counter MIB v2. At the request of the WIMS
working group Chairman, Bill Wagner - TIC, and according to my duties as
Secretary of the PWG, I hereby initiate the Formal Approval process for
advancing this work product to PWG Candidate Standard. 

Formal Approval occurs by vote of the PWG membership. The voting period will
open on Monday February 25, 2008 and close at 10PM (Pacific Time) on Tuesday
March 18, 2008. 

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain. 

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote and a
description of the changes required for turning the No vote to a Yes. 

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to submit
a vote. 

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line format:

"Counter MIB v2 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>" 

Example: Counter MIB v2 Formal Vote-InfoPrint-lewis-yes 

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email. 

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @): 

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com 
wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net 
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com 

REFERENCE MATERIAL 

Because there were no last call comments, there is no need for a LCRC
document or for a revision of the document put up for last call. The
document is at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.pdf_>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.pdf. 
  
Associated documents that assist in understanding the primary document are: 
 <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.mib_>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.mib 
- Plaintext ASN.1 MIB 
 <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123-mib.pdf_>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123-mib.pdf 
- Color highlighted ASN.1 MIB 
These MIB documents are not normative and are not in themselves to be voted
on. However, the WIMS working group would welcome any comments members would
like to make on these ancillary documents. 
  
Specific information on the changes from the previously approved
informational document was presented at the February Plenary, and is
available at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/white/wims-countmib20-pwg-last-call-20080207
.pdf_>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/white/wims-countmib20-pwg-last-call-20080207.
pdf. 

Note: 
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at: 

 <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf>
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf 

A list of Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG member companies
will be provided to the working group chair in case "reminder" notices are
necessary to meet the voting requirements listed in the process document. 

Harry Lewis 

PWG Secretary

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: [email-masked]
 <http://www.infoprint.com/> infoprint.com