Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> RE: MFD Scan Service specification - ACTION REQUIRED

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:38:33 -0500

All,

I would like to complete the PWG Last Call of this specification at the
upcoming face to face.  I need some response from the PWG at large.  I
need responses from member companies whether they have Last Call
comments on the specification or not.  I need responses from PWG members
to meet the Last Call process requirements.   Please send a note to
[email-masked] and let me know if you have any comments or if
the specification is acceptable as written.  Please send me a note even
if you have already sent me a response.  I need responses by close of
business December 3rd in order to present the results at the December
5th MFD session.

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

________________________________

From: Zehler, Peter 
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 3:30 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: MFD Scan Service specification - ACTION REQUIRED

All,
 
The initial Last Call for the "Network Scan Service Semantic Model and
Service Interface" specification has closed.  I got comments from very
few PWG members.  According to the PWG Process "If less than 30 percent
of the PWG membership have commented, participated, or communicated that
they have no comments for a given document during Last Call, the Last
Call period is automatically extended until that threshold is met."
Therefore I need to get a response from PWG participants.  Please send a
note to [email-masked] and let me know if you have any comments
or if the specification is acceptable as written.  Please send me a note
even if you have already sent me a response. 
 
The Last Call version that has been updated to address all comments to
date is available at 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/lcrc-mfdscanmodel10-20081110.pdf> 
 
The Last Call Comments received to date and the resolution are recoded
in a document available at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/MFD-Scan-LastCallResolutionComments-20
081110.pdf> 
 
As usual the .doc and -rev versions are available in the same directory.

Please take the time to respond so we can move the Scan Service along.
I want to be sure that we can get this specification to Formal Vote and
that it will succeed so it is off the MFD's Working Group's plate. That
way we can focus on the other services of an MFD.
 
Thanks,
Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701