Subject: [Privacy-pass] Centralization and the charter

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 09:46:49 -0500

All:

Remembering the discussion at the virtual BoF in March, one of the issues
raised was the issue of PrivacyPass and centralization. A clear concern was
raised then along the lines of some of the concerns documented in the
now-expired draft-arkko-iab-internet-consolidation-02.

The one thing I see in the charter is item 6 in the protocol use cases and
properties section.

Could I suggest that, as a means to addressing this issue, we put a
milestone in that says something like:

"Risk assessment for centralization in PrivacyPass deployments with
alternatives for protocol design" with a date of February 2021?

The idea would be to address the issue of centralization in parallel with
protocol specification with the goal of influencing protocol design.
Otherwise, I don't see how the issue would ever be addressed - especially
after-the-fact.

mark

Mark McFadden

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:56:33 -0700

> alternatives for protocol design" with a date of February 2021?

I'm willing to do this -- does anyone have a reason not to (or a reason to
go for a different target date)?

Thanks,

Ben

> -- 
> Privacy-pass mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/privacy-pass