Subject: [Privacy-pass] Centralization task in the Privacy Pass charter

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:47:21 -0600

All:

In the Privacy Pass charter one of the deliverables is:

“Risk assessment for centralization in Privacy Pass deployments for
multiple design options - February 2021”

I’ve drafted an I-D that is a first attempt to address that deliverable:

A new version of I-D, draft-mcfadden-pp-centralization-problem-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mark McFadden and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:		draft-mcfadden-pp-centralization-problem
Revision:	00
Title:		Privacy Pass: Centralization Problem Statement
Document date:	2020-11-02
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mcfadden-pp-centralization-problem-00.
txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcfadden-pp-centralization-problem/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcfadden-pp-centralization-probl
em
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcfadden-pp-centralization-problem-00

Abstract:
This document discusses the problems and mitigations associated with strict
upper bounds on the number of Privacy Pass servers in the proposed Privacy
Pass ecosystem. It documents a proposed problem statement.

Naturally, I’d welcome any comments and suggestions for improvement.

mark

Mark McFadden
CTO
internet policy advisors llc