Subject: [Privacy-pass] Anonymous Credentials meeting held at RWC2021

From: Sofía Celi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 01:54:44 +0000

Dear, list,

As people may know, we held an 'Anonymous Credentials' meeting at Real
World Crypto 2021 (RWC2021), with lots of participation and very
interesting discussions. Thank you so much all for having been there!

The notes, slides and additional resources have been already posted
here: https://www.sofiaceli.com/Anonymous-Credentials-Meeting/meeting-2020

But, additionally, we wanted to send this email to cover certain points
that seem to be of the interest of everyone, and that could sparkle
discussion on how to include them in the Privacy Pass documents. So if
you have any thoughts around them, please reply on this thread.

The thoughts are:

* It seems like there is a needed for a more in depth explanation of the
use cases of Privacy Pass: an explanation of them, what they try to
achieve, what are their limitations, what are their properties.

* There were lots of discussions around the ability to add optional
public or private metadata, or to have this configurable. Should we
start a discussion around this?

* There have been practical problems on implementing the privacy pass
protocol: what is an ideal key rotation policy, for example. Will it be
wise to have a section for this? What other implementation problems are
out there?

* It seems like token hoarding is a problem. How can it best be fixed in
practice?

* How can privacy pass accommodate accessibility concerns?

* In some of the use cases presented, a global double spend cache is
difficult to maintain in a distributed architecture. Is there another
way to implement double spend prevention?

I'll go in more depth around this points at IETF110 (so let's talk over
there as well), but please start the discussion over here ;)

Thanks!

-- 
Sofía Celi
@claucece
https://www.sofiaceli.com/
Cryptographic research and implementation at many places, but mainly at
Cloudflare
FAB9 3EDC 7CDD 1198 DCFD  4558 91BB 6B45 6F44 2D02