Subject: [Privacy-pass] Related Work: Private Access Tokens

From: Steven Valdez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:06:17 -0400

There's some potentially related work that will potentially be discussed at
IETF 112 in SECDISPATCH on other forms of anonymous tokens. There's some
overlap with the Privacy Pass use cases, though a fair number of
differences (
https://github.com/tfpauly/privacy-proxy/blob/main/draft-private-access-tokens.md#related-work-privacy-pass-privacy-pass
).

-Steven

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Subject: Requesting agenda time for draft-private-access-tokens
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>, Christopher Wood <[email-masked]>,
Steven Valdez <[email-masked]>, Scott Hendrickson <[email-masked]>

Hi SECDISPATCH,

Several of us have been developing a new protocol spec called Private
Access Tokens. This is a publicly verifiable anonymous token (based on RSA
blind signatures) that can be presented to origins as HTTP authentication,
based on a system of token issuance that allows anonymous per-origin rate
limiting. The goal here is to make it possible to work with metered
paywalls and fraud prevention systems even when clients are using anonymous
IP addresses to access origins.

We’d like to discuss this at IETF 112, and we’d love to hear thoughts on
comments on this list before then as well.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-private-access-tokens-00.html

Best,
Tommy, Chris, Jana, Steven, & Scott

Begin forwarded message:

*From: [email-masked]
*Subject: **New Version Notification for draft-private-access-tokens-00.txt*
*Date: *October 25, 2021 at 12:53:06 PM PDT
*To: *"Christopher A. Wood" <[email-masked]>, Christopher Wood <
[email-masked]>, Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>, Scott Hendrickson <
[email-masked]>, Steven Valdez <[email-masked]>, Tommy Pauly <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-private-access-tokens-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tommy Pauly and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-private-access-tokens
Revision: 00
Title: Private Access Tokens
Document date: 2021-10-25
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 37
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-private-access-tokens-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-private-access-tokens/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-private-access-tokens-00.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-private-access-tokens

Abstract:
  This document defines a protocol for issuing and redeeming privacy-
  preserving access tokens.  These tokens can adhere to an issuance
  policy, allowing a service to limit access according to the policy
  without tracking client identity.

Discussion Venues

  This note is to be removed before publishing as an RFC.

  Source for this draft and an issue tracker can be found at
  https://github.com/tfpauly/privacy-proxy.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 

Steven Valdez |  Chrome Privacy Sandbox |  [email-masked] |
210-692-4742 <(210)%20692-4742>