Subject: [Privacy-pass] Call for adoption of draft-pauly-privacypass-auth-scheme

From: Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 09:35:56 -0800

At the privacy pass interim [1] we discussed changes that are reflected in
the revised architecture [2] and protocol specs [3].  These specs make
reference to an HTTP authentication scheme defined
in draft-pauly-privacypass-auth-scheme-00. This is a call for adoption of
draft-pauly-privacypass-auth-scheme-00 [4] as a working group item. Please
respond to the list with comments and indicate whether you support adoption
of this draft by March 1, 2022.

Thanks,

Joe & Ben

[1]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-interim-2022-privacypass-01-202201311200/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-privacypass-architecture/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-privacypass-protocol/
[4] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-privacypass-auth-scheme/

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 09:53:36 -0800

I support adoption.
David

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 9:36 AM Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Privacy-pass mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/privacy-pass
>

---

From: Steven Valdez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:59:16 -0500

I support adoption. This can pretty cleanly replace the HTTP API doc and
provides a similar interface and allows for most of the protocol to be
self-contained at the HTTP Auth layer for use cases not needing other
integrations.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 12:54 PM David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> At the privacy pass interim [1] we discussed changes that are reflected
>> in the revised architecture [2] and protocol specs [3].  These specs make

-- 

 Steven Valdez |  Chrome Privacy Sandbox |  [email-masked] |  Cambridge,
MA

---

From: Armando Faz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:35:06 -0800

Hi all,
I support the adoption of the new document and agree with changes in the
architecture and protocol documents.
--
Armando Faz
Cloudflare Inc.

---

From: Shivan Kaul Sahib <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:46:44 -0800

I support adoption as well.

---

From: Nick Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:37:38 -0500

I support the adoption of this document and generally think the new changes
are going in a good direction.

---

From: Alex Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 10:14:58 +0000

I support adoption of the this draft and think that the new structure of
documents will help to move things forwards.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 8:38 PM Nick Sullivan <nick=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I support the adoption of this document and generally think the new
> changes are going in a good direction.
>
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 2:47 PM Shivan Kaul Sahib <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>> [2]
>>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-privacypass-architecture/
>>> [4]
>>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-privacypass-auth-scheme/
>>>
>>> --