Subject: Administrative note -- springcleaning is here

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:07:58 +0200

People tend to move around and have there mail adresses changed but
fail to tell the list they are subscibed on. This causes quite some
bounced mail to list operators. So please change your subscibtion
adress else I'll just remove you from the mailinglist.

	jaap (acting as list maintainer).

---

From: "Chandra Talluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:41:07 -0400

Is anybody working on javacc grammar for epp? Is it worth developing our own
parser for epp or should we use already existing xml parsers like xerces.
Any views are appreciated

-Chandra

---

From: Daniel Manley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 11:25:49 -0400

There are already a few client implementations of EPP on sourceforge... 
such as http://epp-rtk.sf.net  -- I think most of the implementations 
use xerces (in java and c++).  It's probably best to stick to something 
like xerces -- tried test and true and (xerces anyhow) supported by 
Jakarta/Apache and developers around the world -- also because most of 
the ready-to-wear parsers include schema validation.

Dan

---

From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:13:00 -0700 (PDT)

Chandra,

i think most folks use an xml parser instead of a LALR grammar, i'd suggest
just using xerces.

i have personally been waiting for castor to be able to handle our
schemas.... http://www.castor.org but now with JAXB around the corner we
will be able to marshal the XML to/from the registry and java objects.

-rick