Subject: RE: [[email-masked]: [open-eu] Open Registry Robot / EPP transport layer]

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:00:32 -0400

> Sent on a public mailing list of CORE so I assume I can redistribute
> it.

Well, this is certainly the right mailing list to discuss EPP I-Ds.  It
would be nice if we could have the discussion here.

I also hope the authors are well-versed on current IETF thinking around use
of HTTP as a substrate as it has been hotly debated in the IETF in the past:

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3205.txt

-Scott-

---

From: Sven-Holger Wabnitz <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 11:58:54 +0200

> ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3205.txt

The rfc is known and the idea why rfc3205 was written is one of the
ideas to choose http as a transport layer for EPP. The issues
mentioned in rfc3205 have to be well discussed (more than one road 
lead to Rome).

Regards,
Sven-Holger

-- 
___________________________________________________________________

Sven-Holger Wabnitz   DSS Gesellschaft fuer Digitale Sicherheit mbH
phone +49 2222 990-0            **             fax +49 2222 990-444
http://www.digital-security.com **            http://www.dominic.de

From the Portland Pattern Repository (de facto home of the
extreme programming discipline), hosted by Cunningham & Cunningham.

        "Life's too short to write code that nobody wants."