Subject: RE: Response Code 2501

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:57:30 -0400

> While I understand that the normal operating mode for EPP is
> client-initiated command/response, this is a special case 
> where the server
> initiates the action due to non-activity by a client. 
> Otherwise, the client
> will be left without any clue why the connection is gone.

Hong,

It's not just the "normal" operating mode, it's the _only_ operating mode
currently defined.  If the client is dead or otherwise hung, a clue isn't
going to help.

I'm OK with leaving this response code in if it might have some future
benefit (like if someone ever writes a draft describing server message
pushing ;-)), but as things are written currently I'd consider a server that
sends an unsolicited 2501 response to be non-conforming.

-Scott-

---

From: janusz sienkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:53:51 -0400

An alternative solution to an  unsolicited 2501 response  could be sending an
optional unsolicited  epp element that is symetric to <greeting> element . It s
name could be <goodbye>.

Regards,

Janusz