Subject: FW: BCP 59, RFC 3349 on A Transient Prefix for Identifying Profil es under Development by the Working Groups of the Internet Engineering Ta sk Force

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:54:42 -0400

Being BEEP-related, this might be of interest to folks looking at the BEEP
transport I-D.

-Scott-

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 5:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 59, RFC 3349 on A Transient Prefix for
Identifying Profiles under Development by the Working Groups of the
Internet Engineering Task Force

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 59
        RFC 3349

        Title:	    A Transient Prefix for Identifying Profiles under
                    Development by the Working Groups of the Internet
                    Engineering Task Force 
        Author(s):  M. Rose
        Status:	    Best Current Practice
	Date:       July 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 7916
        SeeAlso:    BCP 59

        I-D Tag:    draft-mrose-beep-transientid-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3349.txt

As a part of their deliverables, working groups of the IETF may
develop BEEP profiles.  During the development process, it is
desirable to assign a transient identifier to each profile.  If the
profile is subsequently published as an RFC, then a permanent
identifier is subsequently assigned by the IANA.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.