Subject: RE: BEEP transport

From: Robert Burbidge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:45:42 +0100

>again I'd like ask for a show of hands of those interested in a BEEP
>transport for EPP.

At the moment I'd say that I'm NOT interested. This is purely a matter of
supply and demand rather than any technical preference for or against the
BEEP transport. From a short-term business perspective, we have no clients
asking to connect to our provisioning services using BEEP - TCP is adequate
for us. Your mileage may vary. Obviously I can't speak for others, but I
wouldn't like Rick to think that he was being ignored.

I don't want to betray my ignorance too much, but who should be interested
in BEEP transport for EPP: i.e. in what provisioning situations might it
give one the edge?

Rob Burbidge
Poptel

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:57:33 -0400

> again I'd like ask for a show of hands of those interested in a BEEP

While I'm interested in the concept, I have no immediate or planned need to
implement BEEP transport.

-Scott-