Subject: EPP 6 / TCP 4 Implementation of epp-rtk-java

From: "Stuart Marsden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 08:45:28 +0100

Hi,

I am doing some cross registry compatibility testing 

Source forge only has EPP 5/3 in Java and it would defeat my testing if
I update it

Can anybody lend me a copy of a 6/4 version for the weekend, I promise
to return it

Thanks in advance

Stuart

_________________________________ 
Stuart Marsden

POPTEL Ltd
21-25 Bruges Place
Randolph Street
London NW1 0TF 
Tel: 020 7284 6976
Mob: 07788 107013

Fax: 020 7284 6901 
mail to: [email-masked]
<http://www.poptel.coop/>
_________________________________

---

From: "Stuart Marsden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:29:59 +0100

Hi,

Following my posting at the weekend and the lack of a concrete response,
I am concerned that not keeping a client reference implementation for
the current EPP spec available is going to cause problems in the short /
medium term.

My concern is two fold, 

1st it is going to make problem resolution harder in the long run as
registries / registrars up spec and compatibility problems arise.

2nd it helps identify any omissions in the specification. 

I can give a concrete example of the 2nd pt.

The new datagram format described in TCP-04 describes the new header,
however it is silent out how the record is terminated, however
epp-rtk-java expects a <CR><NL> terminator.

I can imagine how EPP implementation politics would act against having a
single reference implementation, however I do believe now all the macho
froth is going / has gone out of the registry business it would be worth
looking at ways to address this.

I guess I feel strongly enough about it, that if necessary dot coop will
do it, otherwise I have nothing to bolt my verification extensions to.

Stuart